$1,500 per fortnight wages subsidy from 30 March 2020 to 30 September 2020
Must meet the eligibility requirement for both employer and employees.
For details visit:
There is an alternative testing for the turnover test. Please contact us to discuss if your business turnover is seasonal or you are a start up business.
ABN sole trader or non-salary taking director of company or adult beneficiary of a trust may also apply.
Nomination notices must be signed and kept for record.
For employees, download the form at:
For director/shareholder, partner in partnership or adult beneficiary of a trust:
No nomination form is required for ABN sole trader.
Government payment is in arrears from 1st week of May therefore employer is required to continue to pay out-of-pocket for the eligible employees from 30 March in order to access to the subsidies.
Employers must backpay the eligible staff for any shortfall from $1,500/fn by the end of April before they can receive the subsidies. (e.g. employee’s normal pay is $1,200 per fortnight, employer must top up to $1,500 in April pay run onward)
*** Big 4 banks have agreed to establish hotlines for bridging finance.***
Westpac – 1300 731 073
NAB – 1800 562 533
CBA – 13 26 07
ANZ – 1800 571 123
A monthly declaration must be made through Business Portal or via the tax agent to maintain the payments.
DIY Steps to enrol to Job Keeper payments
*** The ATO has extended the enrolment deadline to 31 May 2020 to receive the 1st payment***
(With reference to the website link: https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employers/enrol-for-the-jobkeeper-payment/)
1. Download the myGovID app to your mobile device via App Store or Google Play. https://www.mygovid.gov.au/
2. Nominate an email address to receive the verification code and activate your myGovID with at least 2 ID documents (e.g. Driver licence and medicare card)
3. Once the myGovID is active, go to the following website to login to the Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM). ***Please note you will need a separate device (PC or laptop) to access RAM while accessing your security code in myGovID with your mobile.
4. Once the RAM is set up, link your business or sole trader ABN via the RAM website.
5. You can now enrol to the Job Keeper payment.
Alternatively, you can contact Amani Tax (03 9674 0398) to assist with the enrolment. Service charge applies.